Hebrew Reading 3
In Hebrew Reading 3 you will continue to learn Hebrew grammar and vocabulary by translating Genesis 37-41 and Deuteronomy 4–6. Building on what you have learned in Hebrew Reading 1 and 2, you will master Level 3 grammar topics and, upon completion, you will know all vocabulary that appears in Genesis 37–41 and Deuteronomy 4–6.
At a Glance
- Access to all Level 3 text-based resources, audio recordings, videos, and assessment tools
- Access to the BibleMesh Cerego vocabulary learning system for all words from Genesis 37–41 and Deuteronomy 4–6
- 24/7 access for 6, 12 or 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Take the course either as a Stand-Alone Course ($199 or $299 options) or with the Transcript Service Package. Which one is right for me?
In Hebrew Reading 3 you will continue to learn Hebrew grammar and vocabulary by translating Genesis 37–41 and Deuteronomy 4–6. Accessing our online course at your own convenience, you will read text-based resources, watch instructional videos, listen to audio recordings, use our cutting-edge vocabulary building application, and engage our extensive assessment tools. Using this combination of learning methods, you will master Level 3 grammatical concepts and review Level 1 and 2 grammatical concepts. Level 3 also introduces you to some of the issues involved in the translation of the Biblical text, as well as introducing you, for the first time, to legal texts in Hebrew through the guided reading of Deuteronomy 4–6. You will learn all vocabulary that appears in Genesis 37–41 and Deuteronomy 4–6. Your guided reading of these Old Testament chapters will thus deepen your understanding of the structure and forms of Hebrew narrative.
This course is suitable for you if you have completed Hebrew Reading 2.
Example Timeframe: 10–12 hours per week in order to complete in 16 weeks
Which option is right for me?
($199 or $299)
Transcript Service Package
|6-month access to the course content||($199 option)||—|
|12-month access to the course content||($299 option)||—|
|18-month access to the course content||—|
|Vocabulary learning system|
|Online technical support|
|Permanent record of course grades & account info||—|
|Grades transferable to partner schools||—|
|Eligible for cross-enrollment in partner institutions||—|
|Eligible for BibleMesh Completion Certificate|
You will learn vocabulary words that appear in Genesis 37–41 and Deuteronomy 4–6, review the content of Level 1 and 2, and learn key information about the following grammar topics:
- Cardinal Numbers 1-10
- Cardinal Numbers 11+
- Ordinal Numbers
- Qal Perfect/Qatal with Suffixes
- Qal Imperfect/Yiqtol with Suffixes
- Qal Imperative with Suffixes
- Conditional Sentences
- Pe-Aleph Qal
- Pe-Guttural Qal
- Pe-Guttural Niphal
- Pe-Guttural Hiphil and Hophal
- Ayin-Guttural Qal and Niphal
- Ayin-Guttural Piel, Pual and Hithpael
- Ayin-Waw Qal
- Stative Ayin-Waw Qal
- Ayin-Waw Niphal
- Ayin-Waw Hiphil and Hophal
- Lamed-Guttural Qal and Niphal
- Lamed-Guttural Piel, Pual and Hithpael
- Lamed-Aleph Qal and Niphal
- Lamed-Aleph Hiphil
- Lamed-Aleph Piel and Hithpael
Dr. Timothy Edwards
Timothy Edwards taught Hebrew at the Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies and has lectured at the University of Oxford, University of Bristol, and various Bible schools in central Europe. He completed his graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the University of Oxford. He is the author of Exegesis in the Targum of Psalms (Gorgias Press, 2007) amongst other publications. He is currently Fellow of Theology at New Saint Andrews in Moscow, Idaho.