Hebrew Reading 2
In Hebrew Reading 2 you will continue to learn Hebrew grammar and vocabulary by translating 1 Kings 17–20 and Exodus 1–4. Building on what you have learned in Hebrew Reading 1, you will master Level 2 grammar topics and, upon completion, you will know all vocabulary that appears in 1 Kings 17–20 and Exodus 1–4.
At a Glance
- Access to all Level 2 text-based resources, audio recordings, videos, and assessment tools
- Access to the BibleMesh Cerego vocabulary learning system for all words from 1 Kings 17–20 and Exodus 1–4
- 24/7 access for 6, 12 or 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Take the course either as a Stand-Alone Course ($199 or $299 options) or with the Transcript Service Package. Which one is right for me?
In Hebrew Reading 2 you will continue to learn Hebrew grammar and vocabulary by translating 1 Kings 17–20 and Exodus 1–4. Accessing our online course at your own convenience, you will read text-based resources, watch instructional videos, listen to audio recordings, use our cutting-edge vocabulary building application, and engage our extensive assessment tools. Using this combination of learning methods, you will master Level 2 grammatical concepts and review Level 1 grammatical concepts. You will learn all vocabulary that appears in 1 Kings 17–20 and Exodus 1–4. Your guided reading of these Old Testament chapters will thus deepen your understanding of the structure and forms of Hebrew narrative.
This course is suitable for you if you have completed Hebrew Reading 1 or if you have previously studied Hebrew and are looking to refresh your knowledge.
Example Timeframe: 10–12 hours per week in order to complete in 16 weeks
Which option is right for me?
($199 or $299)
Transcript Service Package
|6-month access to the course content||($199 option)||—|
|12-month access to the course content||($299 option)||—|
|18-month access to the course content||—|
|Vocabulary learning system|
|Online technical support|
|Permanent record of course grades & account info||—|
|Grades transferable to partner schools||—|
|Eligible for cross-enrollment in partner institutions||—|
|Eligible for BibleMesh Completion Certificate|
You will learn vocabulary words that appear in 1 Kings 17–20 and Exodus 1–4 (about 375 words beyond Level 1 vocabulary), review the content of Level 1, and learn key information about the following grammar topics:
- Demonstrative adjectives(That)
- Use of הנה
- Uses of כי
- Locative ה
- Independent prepositions with suffix of the plural noun
- Niphal meaning and morphology
- Piel meaning and morphology
- Pual meaning and morphology
- Hiphil meaning and morphology
- Hophal meaning and morphology
- Hithpael meaning and morphology
- Irregular verb introduction and classification
- Irregular verbs נתן, לקח, הלך, and היה
BibleMesh offers Greek and Hebrew placement tests to determine whether students with previous exposure to Greek or Hebrew should enroll in Level 1 or Level 2. Placement test available here.
Dr. Timothy Edwards
Timothy Edwards taught Hebrew at the Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies and has lectured at the University of Oxford, University of Bristol, and various Bible schools in central Europe. He completed his graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the University of Oxford. He is the author of Exegesis in the Targum of Psalms (Gorgias Press, 2007) amongst other publications. He is currently Fellow of Theology at New Saint Andrews in Moscow, Idaho.