At a Glance
This course leads you through the principles of Church Leadership with reference to a core text and helpful exercises. Set aside 10 hours per week to read, reflect and pray your way through this seminary-level course.
Each lesson includes
- An overview of the principles of Christian leadership
- A focus on practical skills and self-analysis
- A set text to aide and guide your learning
- Interactive reflection and exercises to help you apply
This course is ideal for
- Aspiring and existing church leaders, church planters and their teams, apprentices and interns
- Pastors with busy schedules who want to grow how they develop and support leaders
- Church planters who want to appreciate the value of leadership skills and avoid common pitfalls
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups who want to have an understanding of the validity of various models and approachess
- Existing church ministers who want to 'top-up' their theology with a course that has a strong missional, evangelical and reformational emphasis
Learn about Church Leadership principles and practicalities as you gain an understanding of various models and approaches to shape the life of a Christian community around mission.
Brought to you by Crosslands, the Church Leadership course is divided into 8 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Assumptions and Definitions
- Lesson 2 – The Capitalisation of Leadership
- Lesson 3 – Supporting Leaders
- Lesson 4 – A Culture of Discipleship
- Lesson 5 – Prioritizing Growth
- Lesson 6 – Normalising Healthy Leadership Culture
- Lesson 7-8 – Assignment
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.