At a Glance
This course leads you through the principles and dynamics of word ministry to help you ensure that the Bible shapes the corporate and individual activities of a church. Set aside 10 hours per week to read, reflect and pray your way through this seminary-level course.
Each lesson includes
- Key principles of the dynamics of word ministry
- Helpful set texts to aide and guide your learning
- Interactive reflection and exercises to help you apply what you learn
This course is ideal for
- Aspiring and existing church leaders, church planters and their teams, apprentices and interns
- Pastors with busy schedules who want to grow in ministry skills and gospel direction
- Church planters who want to set a word-centred culture in their congregations
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups who want the Bible to shape their corporate and individual discipleship
- Existing church ministers who want to 'top-up' their theology with a course that has a strong missional, evangelical and reformational emphasis
Learn about the theology of Word ministry and how to let the word shape your sermons, small-group Bible studies and Bible storying to help you create a word-centred culture in a congregation.
Brought to you by Crosslands, the Dynamics of Word Ministry course is divided into 8 lessons:
- Lesson 1 - Shaped by God's word
- Lesson 2 - The content of sermons
- Lesson 3 - The priorities and process of preaching
- Lesson 4 - Interactive teaching
- Lesson 5 - Shaping a church
- Lesson 6 - Shaping individuals
- Lesson 7-8 - Assignment
Dr. Jonny Woodrow
Jonny Woodrow is pastor of The Crowded House in Loughborough and a Crosslands faculty member. He is married with four children and is co-author of Ascension: Humanity in the Presence of God
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Dr. Dan Strange
Dan Strange is Acting Principal at Oak Hill Theological College, lecturing in Culture, Religion and Public Theology and part of the Crosslands faculty. With a PhD from Bristol University, he leads a North London church and is married to Elly with seven children. His most recent monograph is For Their Rock is Not as Our Rock: An Evangelical Theology of Religions.
Revd. Dr. Tim Ward
Tim Ward teaches at Oak Hill Theological College and is a Crosslands faculty member, having previously taught at the Proclamation Trust Cornhill Training Course. Before that he was the pastor of a church in Leicestershire. He has written a book on the doctrine of Scripture.