Proverbs - Psalms: Singing the Sounds of Real Life
Times change and life’s issues take new forms. Solomon never sat in a traffic jam on the freeway and we never fret over an attack by the Philistines, but human emotions remain the same. In this course students will study the distilled language of Israel’s poets as they sang the songs of their lives.
At a Glance
- Course syllabus and teaching notes by Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
- Access to class lecture presentations for each lesson.
- Learning is assessed by quizzes and a final exam
- 24/7 access for 3 months to complete the course at your own pace
This course presents both basic and essential details for an accurate understanding of Old Testament Scriptures. Organized in a three lesson format, the course provides guided content outlines, audio-visual lecture presentations, and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1: Proverbs - God's Basic Rules for Human Beings
- Lesson 2: Psalms - God's Word to Me and Our Words to God
- Lesson 3: Proverbs - Understanding the Old Testament and Critical Methodologies
- Final Exam
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who like to better understand and apply the teachings of the Old Testament.
Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
Douglas Stuart is Professor of Old Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts, where he specializes in Assyrian and Babylonian languages and literature. He received a B.A. from Harvard University, did graduate studies at Yale Divinity School, and earned a Ph.D. from Harvard University.