Numbers - Joshua: The Tragedy of Fear and the Glory of Faith
This course is a study of contrasts. Israel’s fear prevented them from entering the land God promised to give them, resulting in the story of wandering and death recorded in Numbers. The books of Deuteronomy and Joshua record the preparation and triumph of faith as the people allowed God to win the Promised Land for them.
At a Glance
- Course syllabus and teaching notes by Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
- Access to class lecture presentations for each lesson.
- Learning is assessed by quizzes and a final exam
- 24/7 access for 3 months to complete the course at your own pace
This course presents both basic and essential details for an accurate understanding of Old Testament Scriptures. Organized in a three lesson format, the course provides guided content outlines, audio-visual lecture presentations, and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1: Numbers - Joshua: The Tragedy of Fear and the Glory of Faith
- Lesson 2: God's Word, Geography, and Archaeology (Part 1)
- Lesson 3: Deuteronomy - Joshua: The Benefits of Obedience, The Renewed Covenant, and the Conquest of the Promised Land
- Final Exam
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who like to better understand and apply the teachings of the Old Testament.
Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
Douglas Stuart is Professor of Old Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts, where he specializes in Assyrian and Babylonian languages and literature. He received a B.A. from Harvard University, did graduate studies at Yale Divinity School, and earned a Ph.D. from Harvard University.