At a Glance
Discover biblical theology in action as you explore some central biblical themes as they run right through the Bible. You will also look at some biblical texts and show how they reveal rich meaning when seen in biblical-theological perspective, and consider how a deeper understanding of biblical theology shapes the teaching of the Word as well as our practice as gospel servants.
Each lesson includes
- A high-level introduction to key concepts in Biblical Theology
- A set text to aide and guide your learning
- A deep dive into specific biblical-theological themes and their applications
- Interactive reflection and exercises to help you apply what you learn
This course is ideal for
- Existing or aspiring church leaders, those in specialist ministries, or church planters who want to be equipped with biblical-theological understanding
- People with busy schedules who want to grow in biblical understanding and gospel living
- Church planters who want to appreciate the value of understanding the Bible and its implications
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups who want to grow in their ability to study, teach, preach and apply God’s word
Work through an introduction to Biblical Theology. Brought to you by Crosslands, the course is divided into 9 lessons:
- Unit 1: The nature and task of biblical theology
- Unit 2: A biblical-theological overview of scripture
- Unit 3: Exodus and exile
- Unit 4: Interim assignment task
- Unit 5: Covenant: the structure of scripture
- Unit 6: Biblical-theological interpretation of scripture
- Unit 7: The practicality of biblical theology
- Units 8-9: Final assignment task
- If you are interested in pursuing seminary credit for any of these courses, please contact the BibleMesh Institute here.
- For more information about Crosslands, click here.
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Dr. Dan Strange
Dan Strange is Acting Principal at Oak Hill Theological College, lecturing in Culture, Religion and Public Theology and part of the Crosslands faculty. With a PhD from Bristol University, he leads a North London church and is married to Elly with seven children. His most recent monograph is For Their Rock is Not as Our Rock: An Evangelical Theology of Religions.