Basics of Biblical Greek 2
Basics of Biblical Greek 2 is the second part of a two-course series designed to introduce you to the Greek language of the New Testament era. Designed for beginners and seasoned students looking to refresh their knowledge of Greek, this course is supported by the textbook Basics of Biblical Greek, 4th Edition.
At a Glance
- Access to 15 guided units on Greek grammar, vocabulary, and translation technique
- Combines the standard Greek textbook (4th edition) with access to Cerego technologies for vocabulary learning
- Provides the standard second-semester approach to introducing New Testament Greek
- Available as either a stand-alone course and also with an academic support bundle
- 24/7 access for 12 months to complete the course at your own pace
- If you are interested in receiving academic credit for this course or your school is interested in providing this course as an online option, contact Zondervan Academic Online here
In Basics of Biblical Greek 2, you will continue to learn the foundational concepts for the Greek of the New Testament era. Accessing the online course at your own convenience, you will watch instructional videos, study Greek grammar, listen to audio recordings, use our cutting-edge vocabulary building application and extensive assessment tools. This updated course is supported by the textbook Basics of Biblical Greek, 4th Edition.
This course is suitable for beginners, as well as seasoned students who are looking to refresh their knowledge of Greek.
Example Time frame: 8–10 hours per week in order to complete in 16 weeks
- Unit 1: Imperfect Indicative
- Unit 2: Second Aorist Active and Middle Indicative
- Unit 3: First Aorist Active and Middle Indicative
- Unit 4: Aorist and Future Passive Indicative
- Unit 5: Perfect Indicative
- Review and Exam 1
- Unit 6: Introduction to Participles and Imperfective (Present) Adverbial Participles
- Unit 7: Perfective (Aorist) Adverbial Participles
- Unit 8: Adjectival Participles
- Unit 9: Combinative (Perfect) Participles and Genitive Absolutes
- Review and Exam 2
- Unit 10: Subjunctive
- Unit 11: Infinitive
- Unit 12: Imperative
- Unit 13: Indicative of δίδωμι
- Unit 14: Nonindicative of δίδωμι and Conditional Sentences
- Unit 15: ἵστημι, τίθημι, δείκνυμι and Odds ‘n Ends
- Review and Exam 3
Dr. Bill Mounce
William D. Mounce (Ph.D., Aberdeen University) is the President of BiblicalTraining.org, a non-profit organization offering world-class educational resources for discipleship in the local church. Formerly he was a preaching pastor, and prior to that a professor of New Testament and director of the Greek Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He is the author of the bestselling Greek textbook, Basics of Biblical Greek, and many other resources. He was the New Testament chair of the English Standard Version translation of the Bible, and is serving on the NIV translation committee.