At a Glance
- Assigned proctor to guide you through the course and provide extra assignments
- A deeper understanding of the Apostles’ Creed as Christian doctrine
- A firm grasp on how the creeds came into being, how they relate to Scripture, and why they remain important today
- Greater familiarity with and appreciation for the core beliefs of the Christian faith
- Access to all course material—video lectures, readings, key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
Modern Christians have often hesitated to embrace the ancient creeds because of our “nothing but the Bible” tradition. In the What Christians Ought to Believe course, Michael Bird opens our eyes to the Apostle’s Creed as a resource to explore and understand the basic teachings of the Christian faith.
Bringing together theological commentary, tips for application, and memorable illustrations, the What Christians Ought to Believe course teaches you the basic tenets of the Christian faith using the Apostle’s Creed as the entryway.
After first emphasizing the importance of creeds for the formation of the Christian faith, lessons introduce core beliefs about the Father, the Son, the Spirit, the Church, and the end times.
This course is ideal for both formal students and lay students wanting to better understand what Christians ought to affirm if they are to be called Christians.
- Christian Creeds for Beginners
- Why You Need the Creed
- I Believe
- Believing in the Father
- Believing in the Son—Divine and Human
- Believing in the Son—Messiah and Lord
- Believing in the Virgin Birth
- Believing in the Cross—The Offense of the Cross
- Believing in the Cross—The Victory of the Cross
- Believing That Jesus Lives
- Believing That Jesus Reigns
- Believing in the Spirit
- Belonging to the Church
- Believing in Salvation, Waiting for God’s New World
- FINAL EXAM