At a Glance
- Assigned proctor to guide you through the course and provide extra assignments
- Access to all course material—video lectures, readings, key concept reviews, quizzes, and exams
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
People in churches today are hungry for a word from God. Preachers need to prepare and deliver sound biblical sermons that connect with their audiences in a meaningful way. Whether you are a student new to preaching or a veteran looking to brush up your preaching skills, the Preaching God’s Word course is a valuable learning opportunity.
Good preaching begins with good exegesis. This course is supported by the popular textbook Preaching God's Word authored by Terry Carter, Scott Duvall, and Daniel Hays. All course material—video lectures, readings, key concept reviews, and quizzes—walk you through the steps of the “Interpretive Journey” from the biblical text to contemporary application.
Yet the science of solid biblical interpretation must also be married to the art of contemporary communication in order to bring the message home. Carter, Duvall, and Hays also show how to understand your audience, develop powerful applications, use illustrations well, and deliver sermons effectively. The concluding units discuss unique preaching challenges presented by various biblical genres, providing interpretive keys, things to avoid, and numerous examples.
- Preaching a Biblical Sermon
- Discovering Biblical Truth: The Interpretive Journey
- Preaching the Meaning in Their Town
- Exegeting the Audience
- Communicating the Meaning in Our Town
- Applying the Message
- Illustrating Biblical Truth
- Delivering a Biblical Sermon
- Preaching Letters
- Preaching the Gospel and Acts
- Preaching Revelation
- Preaching Old Testament Narrative
- Preaching the Law
- Preaching the Prophets
- Preaching Psalms and Wisdom Literature