Systematic Theology: Doctrine of Christ
This course deals with the topics related to the Person and work of the Christ. By means of biblical, confessional, and historical study the course begins to answer the great question of Jesus Himself, “Who do you say that I am?” (Mark 8:29). Particular attention will be given to the three great offices which Christ executes as the Redeemer, viz., Prophet, Priest and King.
At a Glance
- Listening to all the lectures
- Completion of required reading
- Final written examination
- One five page paper on the Christology of one Psalm of your choice.
Note: This course is only for Ottawa Theological Hall (OTH) students.
- Lecture 1: Introduction
- Lecture 2: The Names of Christ
- Lecture 3: The Natures of Christ
- Lecture 4: The Unity of Christ’s Person
- Lecture 5: The Doctrine of Christ in History – Synods & Councils
- Lecture 6: The Virgin Birth of Christ
- Lecture 7: The States of Christ
- Lecture 8: The Offices of Christ – Introduction
- Lecture 9: The Offices of Christ – Prophet
- Lecture 10: The Offices of Christ – Priest
- Lecture 11: The Atonement
- Lecture 12: The Offices of Christ – King
Rev. Matt Kingswood
Matt Kingswood is the pastor of the Russell Reformed Presbyterian Church in Russell, Ontario where he has served 21 years. He also currently teaches Systematic Theology at Ottawa Theological Hall. Matt holds an earned a MDiv. from Knox Theological Seminary in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.