At a Glance
- Assigned proctor to guide you through the course and provide extra assignments
- Access to 8 guided units covering the knowledge of Greek grammar, vocabulary, and syntax in sound exegesis
- Combines the textbook Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics // Basics of New Testament Syntax by Daniel B. Wallace with access to Cerego technologies for grammar and vocabulary
- Provides a deeper grasp of the meaning of Greek New Testament passages than first-year Greek studies provide
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
For seminary students, pastors, and others seeking to learn biblical Greek, the goal of studying Greek grammar is accurate exegesis of biblical texts. Sound exegesis requires that a student consider grammar within a larger framework including context, lexeme, and other linguistic features. While the trend of some grammarians has been to take a purely grammatical approach to language learning, the Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics course integrates the technical requirements for proper Greek interpretation with the actual interests and needs of Bible students.
Systematically linking syntax and exegesis of the New Testament for second-year Greek students, professor and textual critic Daniel B. Wallace explores numerous syntactical categories, some of which are not covered in other Greek studies. This course equips students with the necessary skills to do exegesis of biblical texts in a way that is faithful to their intended meaning.
This course is supported by the best-selling textbook Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics // Basics of New Testament Syntax by Daniel B. Wallace
By completing this course, you’ll gain
- greater familiarity with the syntax of New Testament Greek
- insight into employing knowledge of Greek grammar, vocabulary, and syntax in sound exegesis
- a deeper grasp of the meaning of Greek New Testament passages than first-year Greek studies can provide
- confidence in your growing knowledge through unit assessments and personalized review sessions that include award-winning memory building tools