BMI: Evangelical Theology 1
This systematic theology course is based upon the understanding that the center, unity, and boundary of evangelical faith is the gospel—thus presenting an authentically evangelical theology as the drama of gospelizing which performs and lives out the gospel in the theatre of Christian life.
At a Glance
- A clear overview of the importance of and central themes in the Gospel, such as Jesus, salvation, the Holy Spirit, the church, and the end times
- An accessible introduction to Christian theology built around the Gospel, with strategies for applying theology in today’s Christian life
- Assigned proctor to guide you through the course and provide extra assignments
- Access to all course material—video lectures; lessons; key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
Evangelical Theology 1 is part one of an overview of the systematic theology textbook by professor and scholar Michael Bird from the unique perspective that contends that the center, unity, and boundary of evangelical faith is the evangel, or gospel, as opposed to doctrines like justification by faith or inerrancy. With this understanding, the evangel becomes the unifying thread in evangelical theology and the theological hermeneutic through which the various loci of theology may be understood.
Evangelical Theology 1 explores theology as the drama of gospelizing, covering foundational doctrines of God and Jesus Christ.
- 1.1 What Is Theology?
- 1.2 What Do You Have to Say before You Say Anything?
- 1.3 What Is the Gospel?
- 1.4 Is Theology Possible?
- 1.5 The Necessity and Goal of Theology
- 1.6 Sources for Theology
- 1.7 Toward a Gospel-Driven Theological Method
- 1.8 A Final Word
- 2.1 God and the Gospel
- 2.2 Getting an Affinity for the Trinity
- 2.3 What is God Like?
- 2.4 The God Who Creates
- 2.5 The God Who Reveals Himself
- 2.6 God’s Purpose and Plan
- [MIDTERM EXAM]
- 3.1 Gospel and Kingdom
- 3.2 What Is the Kingdom of God?
- 3.3 The Return of Jesus Christ
- 3.4 Millennium and Tribulation
- 3.5 The Final Judgment
- 3.6 The Intermediate State: What Happens When You Die?
- 3.7 The Final State: Heaven, Hell, and New Creation
- 4.1 The Gospel of God’s Son
- 4.2 The Christological Method
- 4.3 The Life of Jesus
- 4.4 The Death of Jesus
- 4.5 The Resurrection of Jesus
- 4.6 The Ascension and Session of Jesus
- 4.7 The Story of Jesus and the Identity of God
- [FINAL EXAM]