Jonah - Habakkuk: The God of Israel and the God of the Nations
This course demonstrates the fact that while God had chosen Israel as His covenant people, His compassion extended beyond Israel to all people. The course presents prophets whom God sent to Israel’s great oppressor and prophets God sent to Judah.
At a Glance
- Course syllabus and teaching notes by Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
- Access to class lecture presentations for each lesson.
- Learning is assessed by quizzes and a final exam
- 24/7 access for 3 months to complete the course at your own pace
This course presents both basic and essential details for an accurate understanding of Old Testament Scriptures. Organized in a three lesson format, the course provides guided content outlines, audio-visual lecture presentations, and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1: Jonah-Habakkuk: The God of Israel and the God of the Nations
- Lesson 2: Joel, Zephaniah, and Habakkuk - Three Judean Prophets
- Lesson 3: Archaeology's Contribution to Old Testament Study
- Final Exam
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who like to better understand and apply the teachings of the Old Testament.
Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
Douglas Stuart is Professor of Old Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts, where he specializes in Assyrian and Babylonian languages and literature. He received a B.A. from Harvard University, did graduate studies at Yale Divinity School, and earned a Ph.D. from Harvard University.