Lamentations - Job: God's Path Through Pain
Pressure and pain are realities of life. One of the verifying realities of the Old Testament record is its openness about the difficulties God’s people often suffered—and were often confused by. This course studies three books that deal head-on with the pain and pressure often associated with being God’s people.
At a Glance
- Course syllabus and teaching notes by Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
- Access to class lecture presentations for each lesson.
- Learning is assessed by quizzes and a final exam
- 24/7 access for 3 months to complete the course at your own pace
This course presents both basic and essential details for an accurate understanding of Old Testament Scriptures. Organized in a two lesson format, the course provides guided content outlines, audio-visual lecture presentations, and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1: Lamentations-Job: God's Path Through Pain
- Lesson 2: Job - How a Good Person Grew Through His Suffering
- Final Exam
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who like to better understand and apply the teachings of the Old Testament.
Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
Douglas Stuart is Professor of Old Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts, where he specializes in Assyrian and Babylonian languages and literature. He received a B.A. from Harvard University, did graduate studies at Yale Divinity School, and earned a Ph.D. from Harvard University.