At a Glance
- Gain a greater understanding of the doctrine of Scripture and the history behind it
- Obtain a better grasp on why key Christian doctrines matter to your faith today
- Access to all course material—video lectures; full online textbook; key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- 24/7 access for 12 months to complete the course at your own pace
In the God's Word Alone course, scholar and professor Matthew Barrett explores the historical and biblical roots of the doctrine that Scripture alone is the final and decisive authority for God's people. Units explain the development of this theme in the Reformation and trace the crisis that followed, resulting in a shift away from the authority of Scripture. Each lesson shows that we need to recover a robust doctrine of Scripture's authority in the face of today's challenges and why a solid doctrinal foundation built on God's Word is the best hope for the future of the church. The God's Word Alone course is accessible to college and seminary students, pastors, lay learners, and anyone interested in learning about the authority of God's Word.
All course material—instructional videos, readings, practical exercises, and quizzes—is available online for study at your own convenience.
- Introduction: Sola Scriptura
- The Road to Reformation
- The Modern Shift in Authority
- Today's Crisis over Biblical Authority
- God's Word in the Economy of the Gospel
- God Speaks Covenantal Words
- God's Covenantal Word Proves True
- God Speaks with Authority
- God Speaks Truthfully
- God Speaks to Be Heard
- God's Speech is Enough
About the Technology
Author & Instructor
Dr. Matthew Barrett
Ph.D., Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Matthew Barrett is associate professor of Christian theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, as well as executive editor of Credo Magazine. He is the editor of The Five Solas Series and the author of several books, including God's Word Alone, Reformation Theology, Salvation by Grace, and Owen on the Christian Life.