Ecclesiastes - Isaiah: God Guides His People Through Poets and Prophets
This course takes students through two of the Old Testament books of poetry and then introduces them to the writing prophets—who also used a great deal of poetry in their writings. Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs present the importance of living life under God’s direction. Isaiah introduces the prophetic literature, which is a series of calls to abandon the pursuit of alternative lifestyles and live life God’s way.
At a Glance
- Course syllabus and teaching notes by Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
- Access to class lecture presentations for each lesson.
- Learning is assessed by quizzes and a final exam
- 24/7 access for 3 months to complete the course at your own pace
This course presents both basic and essential details for an accurate understanding of Old Testament Scriptures. Organized in a two lesson format, the course provides guided content outlines, audio-visual lecture presentations, and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1: Ecclesiastes & Song of Songs - Skeptical Wisdom and Marriage Wisdom
- Lesson 2: Isaiah - A Prophet Who Saw It All
- Final Exam
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who like to better understand and apply the teachings of the Old Testament.
Dr. Douglas K. Stuart
Douglas Stuart is Professor of Old Testament at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts, where he specializes in Assyrian and Babylonian languages and literature. He received a B.A. from Harvard University, did graduate studies at Yale Divinity School, and earned a Ph.D. from Harvard University.