At a Glance
- Provides deeper understanding of Trinitarian theology rooted in Scripture and church history
- Bridges the gap between introductory textbooks and advanced theological treatments of the Trinity with guidance for studying Scripture in a Trinitarian manner
- Access to all course material—video lectures; readings enhanced by key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- 24/7 access for 12 months to complete the course at your own pace
The Triune God course will teach you the riches of Christian thought on the Trinity for the sake of theological renewal. Thought-provoking yet understandable, you’ll explore the biblical, creedal, and confessional shape of this central Christian doctrine.
This course is supported by book The Triune God by Fred Sanders. The Triune God course secures knowledge of the Trinity in rightly ordered theological language. Material in this course is presented on the basis of the way the Trinity was revealed in Scripture. This course also offers you theological principles for reading Scripture in a thoroughly Trinitarian manner.
All course material—video lectures, readings, pronunciation guides, review questions, and assessments—is available online for study at your own convenience.
- Introduction and Attunement: Gloria Patri
- Revelation of the Triune God
- An Inapt Doctrine of Revelation
- Communicative Missions
- Not by Tradition
- Incarnation and Pentecost
- The Arc of the Biblical Story and Self-Revelation
- MIDTERM EXAM
- God Who Sends God
- Trinitarian Personhood
- Trinitarian Exegesis
- Piecemeal Proof
- New Covenant Attestation
- Old Covenant Adumbration, Pt. 1
- Old Covenant Adumbration, Pt. 2
- Theses on the Revelation of the Trinity
- FINAL EXAM
About the Technology
Author & Instructor
Dr. Fred Sanders
PhD., Graduate Theological Union
Fred Sanders is a professor of theology in the Torrey Honors Institute at Biola University in La Mirada, California. He is the author of numerous books, including The Deep Things of God: How the Trinity Changes Everything, and co-editor of Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective: An Introductory Christology. Fred is also a core participant in the Theological Engagement with California Culture Project and a blogger at Scriptorium Daily.