At a Glance
- Access to an overview teaching video anchored by Tim Keller
- Access to all Era 5: After the Exile articles, quick-take videos, and assessment tools.
- Review study session powered by Cerego.com
- Includes direct access to Bible study tools at Biblearc.com, an online Bible study program from Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- The Era 5: After the Exile course is one of the seven BibleMesh biblical theology courses that teach the grand narrative of redemptive history – showing how Christ is revealed from Genesis to Revelation
- 24/7 access for 6 months to complete the course at your own pace
The Era of After the Exile course begins when the exiled Jews were allowed to return from foreign captivity to once again live in the Promised Land. Most Jews continued to live throughout the regions of Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. In Palestine, the Jews would experience a brief period of independent rule, but for most of this period foreign empires including the Persian, Greek, and Roman Empires subjected the land of Palestine.
The narrative of Era 5 – After the Exile is taken from the following books of the Bible: Lamentations, Joel, Ezekiel, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Daniel, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
- Overview teaching video anchored by Tim Keller
- Quick-take videos by trusted pastors and theologians
- Articles on key events, characters, background, and theology
- Summary points (learning objectives)
- Reflection questions throughout the lessons
- Recommended resources for further study
- Study session powered by Cerego
- Multiple quizzes for assessment
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course guides the student through video teachings, articles, summary points, recommended resources, study sessions, and quizzing modules.
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who know little or much about the Bible. It is designed for beginners and those who would like a refresher course to better understand the Scriptures.
Dr. Timothy Keller
Timothy Keller is the founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, the chairman of Redeemer City to City, and a New York Times bestselling author. His best known books include, The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism and The Prodigal God.
Dr. Michael Haykin
Michael Haykin is director of the Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies as well as church history professor at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of various books, including The Armies of the Lamb and The Pure Fountain of the Word.