At a Glance
- Access to all four courses with structured units and lessons containing high-quality video lectures, full textbook content online, reflection questions, unit tests, a mid-term exam, and a final exam.
- Each course includes access to Cerego's award-winning learning technology to enhance how you learn, study, and remember.
- Earn a Zondervan Certificate of Completion by receiving an 80% or above on each course.
- 24/7 access for 24 months to complete all four courses at your own pace.
- This certificate can be taken for academic credit through the BibleMesh Institute: Click Here
Zondervan Academic Lay Elder Certificate Courses
Old Testament Survey
Designed to lead you to read and understand the Old Testament itself, this course carefully examines the purpose, message, structure, and major themes of each book in the Old Testament. This course is supported by the popular textbook A Survey of the Old Testament, 3rd edition authored by Andrew E. Hill and John H. Walton. All course material—video lectures; readings enhanced by maps, photos, timelines, and charts; key concept reviews, and quizzes—is available online for study at your own convenience.
New Testament Survey
Designed to lead you to read the New Testament itself, New Testament Survey provides essential historical and cultural background information and carefully examines the content of each book in the New Testament. This course is supported by the best-selling textbook A Survey of the New Testament, 5th edition authored by Robert H. Gundry. Topics and issues discussed in the course are tied whenever possible to assigned readings from the across the entire New Testament. Commentary on the readings provide additional insight.
What Christians Ought to Believe
Bringing together theological commentary, tips for application, and memorable illustrations, the What Christians Ought to Believe course teaches you the basic tenets of the Christian faith using the Apostle’s Creed as the entryway. After first emphasizing the importance of creeds for the formation of the Christian faith, lessons introduce core beliefs about the Father, the Son, the Spirit, the Church, and the end times.
A Theology of Biblical Counseling
This course features material and videos by author and professor Heath Lambert, covering the history of the biblical counseling movement, the core convictions that underlie sound counseling, and practical wisdom for counseling today.
This Lay Elder Certificate is one of four in the Zondervan Lay-Leader Certificate Series. These mini-certificates are designed with lay-leaders in mind to equip better Deacons, Lay Elders, Sunday School teachers and Small Group Leaders. A well-trained laity is indispensable for healthy churches. The Zondervan Lay-Leader series deepens biblical, theological and practical understanding of lay-leaders for greater ministry impact.
To explore the other certificates in this series, click on the links below:
- Zondervan Sunday School Certificate
- Zondervan Small Group Leader Certificate
- Zondervan Deacon Certificate