BMI: The Message of the Prophets
This is a scholarly yet readable and student-friendly introduction to the Old Testament prophetic literature, presenting the message of each prophet in both its historical and biblical context and tracking that message through the New Testament to discuss what it means for believers today.
At a Glance
- Assigned proctor to guide you through the course and provide extra assignments
- Access to all course material—video lectures; readings enhanced by maps, photos, timelines, and charts; key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
Based on the textbook The Message of the Prophets by scholar J. Daniel Hays, this course offers a survey of the Old Testament prophetic literature that presents the message of each prophet in its historical and biblical context and then tracks that message through the New Testament to challenge students with what it means for them today. The course focuses on synthesizing the message of the prophets, which enables students to grasp the major contours of the prophetic books clearly and concisely.
All course material—instructional videos, readings, practical exercises, and quizzes—is available online for study at your own convenience.
- Prophets, Prophecy, and History
- Literature and Message of the Prophets
- Prophets and Biblical Eschatology
- Isaiah 1-39
- Isaiah 40-66
- Jeremiah 1-29
- Jeremiah 30-52 and Lamentations
- Midterm Exam
- Hosea, Joel, Amos
- Obadiah and Jonah
- Nahum and Habakkuk
- Zephaniah and Zechariah
- Haggai and Malachi
- Final Exam