At a Glance
- Assigned teaching fellow to guide you through the course and provide an undergraduate syllabus
- Access to course material—video lectures; readings and key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Assigned reading assignments for two essays and a final project
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
This course introduces students to the task of theology and principles of bible interpretation. It explores issues of theological method, the sources and goals of theology, the nature and authority of Christian scripture, and how to teach others basic skills in Bible interpretation. It gives particular emphasis to missiological application of interpretive methods and introduces issues of contextualization.
All course material—instructional videos, readings, practical exercises, and quizzes—is available online for study at your own convenience.
- Unit 1: The Task of Theology
- Essay 1 - Christian Tradition and Bible Interpretation
- Unit 2: The Bible - Introduction to the Doctrine of Scripture
- Essay 2 - What is the Bible?
- Unit 3: Why We Trust the Bible
- Unit 4: Grasping God's Word
- Unit 4 Project - 1 John Teaching Strategy