At a Glance
- Access to an overview teaching video anchored by Tim Keller
- Access to all Era 7: The Church articles, quick-take videos, and assessment tools.
- Review study session powered by Cerego.com
- Includes direct access to Bible study tools at Biblearc.com, an online Bible study program from Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- The Era 7: The Church course is one of the seven BibleMesh biblical theology courses that teach the grand narrative of redemptive history – showing how Christ is revealed from Genesis to Revelation
- 24/7 access for 6 months to complete the course at your own pace
The Era of The Church course begins when the Holy Spirit descends upon Jesus' followers, leading to the awesome preaching and mass conversions of Pentecost. It extends through the initial missionary work of the early Christians all the way to the present day, as the message about Jesus continues to spread.
The narrative of Era 7 – The Church is taken from the following books of the Bible: Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians & 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter & 2 Peter, 1 John & 2 John & 3 John, Jude, Revelation.
- Overview teaching video anchored by Tim Keller
- Quick-take videos by trusted pastors and theologians
- Articles on key events, characters, background, and theology
- Summary points (learning objectives)
- Reflection questions throughout the lessons
- Recommended resources for further study
- Study session powered by Cerego
- Multiple quizzes for assessment
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course guides the student through video teachings, articles, summary points, recommended resources, study sessions, and quizzing modules.
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who know little or much about the Bible. It is designed for beginners and those who would like a refresher course to better understand the Scriptures.
Dr. Timothy Keller
Timothy Keller is the founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, the chairman of Redeemer City to City, and a New York Times bestselling author. His best known books include, The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism and The Prodigal God.
Dr. J. Ligon Duncan
J. Ligon Duncan is the Chancellor/CEO of Reformed Theological Seminary and the John E. Richards Professor of Systematic and Historical Theology. He has authored of several books, including The Genesis Debate and Women’s Ministry in the Local Church.
Dr. Mark Dever
Mark Dever is pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, D.C. and president of 9Marks Ministries. He has authored several books, including Promises Made: The Message of the Old Testament and Promises Kept: The Message of the New Testament.