At a Glance
- Assigned proctor to guide you through the course and provide extra assignments
- Access to all course material—video lectures; readings enhanced by key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Access to the commentary John (NIVAC) within the course and via an eReader
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
The book of John has been known as the beloved gospel because John probes the depth of Christ’s character with a simplicity and majesty that cannot be forgotten. When the earliest theological councils in the fourth and fifth centuries worked to define Christian beliefs, it was John’s gospel that gave critical guidance.
This course on John brings the meaning of John’s gospel into the twenty-first century. You’ll learn about the text itself, explore issues in John’s culture and in ours that help us understand the ultimate meaning of each passage, and discover ways in which the eternal theology of John can be understood and lived out in our modern culture.
This course is supported by the commentary John (NIVAC), authored Gary M. Burge.
All course material—video lectures, readings, pronunciation guides, review questions, and assessments—is available online for study at your own convenience.
- John 1
- John 2-3
- John 4-5
- John 6
- John 7:1-8:11
- John 8:12-9:41
- MIDTERM EXAM
- John 10-11
- John 12-13
- John 14:1-16:4a
- John 16:4b-17:26
- John 18-19
- John 20-21
- FINAL EXAM