At a Glance
- Assigned proctor to guide you through the course and provide extra assignments
- Access to 16 guided units covering building blocks of Old Testament Hebrew, including sentence syntax, and more extensive knowledge of Hebrew verbs and their various forms
- Combines the standard Hebrew textbook with access to Cerego technologies for grammar and vocabulary
- Provides foundational knowledge of Hebrew nouns, prepositions, adjectives, pronouns, and other parts of speech and an introduction to Hebrew verb forms
- $250 per month access to complete the course at your own pace
Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2 is the second part of a two-course series designed to introduce you to the Hebrew language of the Old Testament.
Using the best inductive and deductive approaches to classical language, Basics of Biblical Hebrew uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than made-up illustrations and emphasizes understanding the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization.
This course is supported by the best-selling textbook Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar (2nd edition) by Miles Van Pelt and Gary D. Pratico.
- Qal Imperative, Cohortative, Jussive
- Pronominal Suffixes on Verbs
- Qal Infinitive [Construct and Absolute]
- Qal Participle
- Issues of Sentence Syntax
- Niphal – Strong
- Niphal – Weak
- Piel – Strong
- Piel – Weak
- Pual – Strong
- Pual – Weak
- Hiphil – Strong
- Hiphil – Weak
- Hophal – Strong and Weak
- Hitphael – Strong and Weak