At a Glance
- A complete Bible overview course structuring Scripture into 7 eras
- 36 lessons presenting the redemptive narrative from Genesis to Revelation
- Overview teaching videos anchored by Dr. Timothy Keller
- Over 200 quick-take videos by trusted pastors and theologians
- Over 200 articles on key events, characters, background, and theology
- Overviews and outlines for all the books of the Bible
- Study sessions powered by Cerego.com
- Multiple quizzes and tests for assessment
- Individual progress tracking and record of grades
- 24/7 access for 24 months to complete the course at your own pace
When we open the pages of Scripture, we discover there is One God, One Book, and One Story. The Biblical Story Course teaches the big picture as well as important facts of the Bible, presenting Scripture as a cohesive narrative of God's work in the world from Genesis to Revelation.
An Old Testament and New Testament overview combined, this course is an excellent discipleship training resource and intro Bible course for the Christian academy.
Course Overview & Format
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course guides the student through video teachings, articles, summary points, reflection questions, recommended resources, study sessions, and quizzing modules.
Dividing biblical history into seven eras, this course provides 36 structured lessons:
36 Lesson Course Outline
ERA 1: Creation
- Lesson 1: In the Beginning
- Lesson 2: Life in the Paradise
- Lesson 3: Tragedy in the Garden
- Lesson 4: The Consequences of Sin
- Lesson 5: The Flood
Era 2: The Patriarchs
- Lesson 6: Abraham and His World
- Lesson 7: Abraham's Relationship with God
- Lesson 8: Abraham's Faith Is Tested
- Lesson 9: Abraham's Offspring
Era 3: Moses
- Lesson 10: Israel in Egypt
- Lesson 11: Rescued from Egypt
- Lesson 12: Israel in the Wilderness
- Lesson 13: Israel's Worship Part 1
- Lesson 14: Israel's Worship Part 2
Era 4: Israel
- Lesson 15: The Conquest
- Lesson 16: The Judges
- Lesson 17: The Early Monarchy
- Lesson 18: Solomon's Reign and Its Aftermath
- Lesson 19: A Divided Kingdom
- Lesson 20: The Prophets
Era 5: After the Exile
- Lesson 21: The Rise of Persia
- Lesson 22: Rebuilding
- Lesson 23: Greek Rule and Revolt
- Lesson 24: Jewish Identity
- Lesson 25: The Rise and Influence of Rome
Era 6: Jesus
- Lesson 26: Jesus' Birth
- Lesson 27: Jesus' Identity
- Lesson 28: Jesus' Context
- Lesson 29: Jesus' Preparation for Ministry
- Lesson 30: Jesus' Ministry
- Lesson 31: Jesus' Death and Resurrection
Era 7: The Church
- Lesson 32: The Characters
- Lesson 33: Pentecost & the Growth of the Church
- Lesson 34: The Context of the Early Church
- Lesson 35: Understanding the Gospel
- Lesson 36: The Life of the Church
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who know little or much about the Bible. By presenting Scripture as a cohesive narrative of God's work in the world from Genesis to Revelation, this course provides an overview of both the Old and New Testaments depicting God's unfolding plan of salvation in Christ Jesus.
Dr. Timothy Keller
Timothy Keller is the founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, the chairman of Redeemer City to City, and a New York Times bestselling author. His best known books include, The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism and The Prodigal God.
Alistair Begg is senior pastor of Parkside Church in metropolitan Cleveland, Ohio, He has written several books and is heard on the radio program Truth For Life.
Dr. J. Ligon Duncan
J. Ligon Duncan is the Chancellor/CEO of Reformed Theological Seminary and the John E. Richards Professor of Systematic and Historical Theology. He has authored of several books, including The Genesis Debate and Women’s Ministry in the Local Church.
Dr. Mark Dever
Mark Dever is pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, D.C. and president of 9Marks Ministries. He has authored several books, including Promises Made: The Message of the Old Testament and Promises Kept: The Message of the New Testament.
Dr. Michael Haykin
Michael Haykin is director of the Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies as well as church history professor at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of various books, including The Armies of the Lamb and The Pure Fountain of the Word.
Dr. Philip Ryken
Philip is the president of Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois. Before that, he served as Senior Minister of Tenth Presbyterian Church(PCA) in Philadelphia. He received his Bachelors degree from Wheaton College, his Masters of Divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary and his Doctor of Divinity from Oxford University. He has authored numerous books, including commentaries on 1 Timothy (Reformed Expository Commentary) and Exodus (Preach the Word Series).