Course at a Glance
- Access to 6 lessons of guided inductive Bible study, reading comprehension questions, instructional video and audio clips, discussion questions, integrative assignments, and other content
- Now includes direct access to Bible study tools at Biblearc.com, an online Bible study program from Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- Provides a structured and comprehensive introduction to global missions through careful biblical study and reflection on John Piper’s sermons
- 24/7 access for 3 months to complete the course at your own pace
About this Course
The God’s Global Glory and Christian Missions course advances the truth that God is on a mission to fill the earth with his glory through his redeemed people. The course will assert that preachers of the gospel should be sent to every people group, and will seek to provide a biblical and theological grounding for Christian missions from a God-centered perspective. Students will gain a deeper understanding of this issue by closely examining key biblical passages relevant to the issue of missions, answering provocative questions, and considering sermons and writings from the ministry of John Piper.
- The mission of God and modern day global realities
- The missional movement of the Old Testament
- The sending of the Son and his church
- Salvation for all nations to the end of the world
- The sovereignty of God and the call to go or send
A series of 6 lessons that each include an introduction, lesson objectives, inductive Bible study, critical interaction with secondary sources, comprehension questions, video and audio content, and discussion questions if studying with a group.
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an internet connection that allows you to view videos and an English version of the Bible (preferably the English Standard Version).
Should I take this course if I already know I am or am not called to missions?
We believe that every Christian is called to participate in the effort to spread the glory of God across the world. Your understanding of missions will be enriched and deepened from a biblical viewpoint, even if you have studied it previously in some way. This course provides a Christian Hedonist perspective on spreading the gospel to the nations, which should result in new insights, a better appreciation for missions, and greater kindling to the fire that fuels missions. If you are already passionate about reaching the lost, this course may be a helpful way to introduce others to God’s calling to make his name known in the world.
For what setting was this course designed?
This course can be taken as an independent study but also provides discussion questions and integrative assignments for an informal or formal group study. The course would work well in a rigorous Sunday school environment, as part of a small group study, within a discipleship or training context, or in an academic program.
Can I take this course as a part of a group?
We encourage anyone taking a course from us to do it within a local church context. Churches may use our courses as the theological content for group studies. Questions are included in each lesson to facilitate discussion.
About the Technology
With Resources From
Dr. John Piper
Chancellor and Professor of Biblical Exegesis
Bethlehem College & Seminary
Founder and Teacher, desiringGod.org