At a Glance
Systematic theology examines what the Bible as a whole teaches about various topics. There are core beliefs that should be shared by all evangelical Christians. While there are certainly areas with which we can agree to disagree, there is a core of common beliefs that unite us around the person of Jesus Christ. In this class, Dr. Breshears discusses specifically those core topics.
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course provides video lectures, lesson notes and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1 - Introduction and General Revelation
- Lesson 2 - Special Revelation and Inerrancy
- Lesson 3 - Perspecuity, Sufficiency, Prophecy, Canon etc.
- Lesson 4 - Characteristics of God
- Lesson 5 - What Does God Say About Himself?
- Lesson 6 - Impassable, Immutable, Omniscient, Omnipotent
- Lesson 7 - Trinity, Sovereignty and Freedom
- Lesson 8 - Election
- Lesson 9 - Creation
- Lesson 10 - Providence
- Lesson 11 - Excursus on Romans Chapter 9
- Lesson 12 - Origin of Mankind
- Lesson 13 - Image of God and Origin of Sin
- Lesson 14 - Sin
- Lesson 15 - Christology
- Lesson 16 - Deity and Humanity of Christ
- Lesson 17 - The Life of Jesus
- Lesson 18 - Holy Spirit, Spirit Baptism
- Lesson 19 - Filling of the Spirit, Gifts of the Spirit
- Lesson 20 - Prophecy & Gift of Tongues
- Lesson 21 - Introduction to Grace
- Lesson 22 - Conversion, Regeneration, Justification
- Lesson 23 - Sanctification
- Lesson 24 - Perseverance and Security
- Lesson 25 - Church
- Lesson 26 - Authority
- Lesson 27 - Gerry's Principles of Polity and Sacraments
- Lesson 28 - Lord's Supper, Communion, Eucharist
- Lesson 29 - Death
- Lesson 30 - God's Kingdom and Millennium
- Lesson 31 - Eternal State
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who know little or much about the Bible. It is designed for those who would like to better know what the Bible teaches.
Dr. Gerry Breshears
Dr. Breshears is Professor of Theology at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Breshears is an M.Div. graduate of Denver Seminary, and earned the Ph.D. from Fuller Theological Seminary.