The Bible in Missional Perspective
The reason the church and mission go together is because of the way the bible story is told. this course will walk you through the bible story and show you how the story of the Gospel was always meant to form communities of light who take that message to the world. Find your part in the story.
At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
Following the themes of God’s people, in God’s place, under God’s rule, Tim Chester walks us through the bible as the story of God's mission to redeem the world through his Son. Along the way you’ll find out why the church is so central to mission, and how to see everyday life through the gospel lens. This course is not only an introduction and refresher on biblical theology, it will cast a vision for mission in everyday life, through the local church.
- Unit 1. Our Identity (creation)
- Unit 2. Our Problem (fall and flood)
- Unit 3. Our Solution Promised (Abraham)
- Unit 4. Our Solution Pictured (exodus and Sinai)
- Unit 5. Our Solution Prefigured (conquest and David)
- Unit 6. Our Solution Predicted (exile and prophecy)
- Unit 7. Our Solution Personified (the coming of Jesus)
- Unit 8. Our Solution Purchased (the cross)
- Unit 9. Our Hope Proclaimed (the resurrection and Pentecost)
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.