At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
All Christians need a solid grounding in the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith. In this course you will walk through key doctrines with the help of the Nicene Creed, working them through to practical application in life and mission. The course encourages students to reconnect theology to practice and to enjoy big truths about God and the gospel in the routines of everyday life.
- The Nicene Creed
- Unit 1. The triune God in a fragmented world
- Unit 2. The sovereign God in an anxious world
- Unit 3. The creator God in a material world
- Unit 4. The person of Christ in a hurting world
- Unit 5. The sacrifice of Christ in a guilty world
- Unit 6. The reign of Christ in a rebellious world
- Unit 7. The justice of Christ in a self-justifying world
- Unit 8. The life of the Spirit in a powerless world
- Unit 9. The hope of the Spirit in a hopeless world
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.