At a Glance
- Assigned proctor available to answer questions and guide you through the course.
- Syllabus and course schedule provided upon enrollment.
- Access to all course material—video teachings; readings enhanced by maps, photos, timelines, and charts; key concept reviews, and quizzes
- Includes direct access to Bible study tools at Biblearc.com, an online Bible study program from Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- Access to the Cerego learning system to build memory retention of course objectives
- 12 month access to complete the course at your own pace
When we open the pages of Scripture, we discover there is One God, One Book, and One Story. The Biblical Story Course teaches the big picture as well as important facts of the Bible, presenting Scripture as a cohesive narrative of God's work in the world from Genesis to Revelation.
An Old Testament and New Testament overview combined, this course is an excellent discipleship training resource and intro Bible course for the Christian academy.
Course Overview & Format
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course guides the student through video teachings, articles, summary points, recommended resources, study sessions, and quizzing modules.
Dividing biblical history into seven eras, this course provides 36 structured lessons:
36 Lesson Course Outline
ERA 1: Creation
- Lesson 1: In the Beginning
- Lesson 2: Life in the Paradise
- Lesson 3: Tragedy in the Garden
- Lesson 4: The Consequences of Sin
- Lesson 5: The Flood
Era 2: The Patriarchs
- Lesson 6: Abraham and His World
- Lesson 7: Abraham's Relationship with God
- Lesson 8: Abraham's Faith Is Tested
- Lesson 9: Abraham's Offspring
Era 3: Moses
- Lesson 10: Israel in Egypt
- Lesson 11: Rescued from Egypt
- Lesson 12: Israel in the Wilderness
- Lesson 13: Israel's Worship Part 1
- Lesson 14: Israel's Worship Part 2
Era 4: Israel
- Lesson 15: The Conquest
- Lesson 16: The Judges
- Lesson 17: The Early Monarchy
- Lesson 18: Solomon's Reign and Its Aftermath
- Lesson 19: A Divided Kingdom
- Lesson 20: The Prophets
Era 5: After the Exile
- Lesson 21: The Rise of Persia
- Lesson 22: Rebuilding
- Lesson 23: Greek Rule and Revolt
- Lesson 24: Jewish Identity
- Lesson 25: The Rise and Influence of Rome
Era 6: Jesus
- Lesson 26: Jesus' Birth
- Lesson 27: Jesus' Identity
- Lesson 28: Jesus' Context
- Lesson 29: Jesus' Preparation for Ministry
- Lesson 30: Jesus' Ministry
- Lesson 31: Jesus' Death and Resurrection
Era 7: The Church
- Lesson 32: The Characters
- Lesson 33: Pentecost & the Growth of the Church
- Lesson 34: The Context of the Early Church
- Lesson 35: Understanding the Gospel
- Lesson 36: The Life of the Church
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who know little or much about the Bible. It is designed for beginners and those who would like a refresher course to better understand the Scriptures.
About the Technology
Primary Video Instructor
Dr. Timothy Keller
Timothy Keller is the founding pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, the chairman of Redeemer City to City, and a New York Times bestselling author. His best known books include, The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism and The Prodigal God.