At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
The history of the church is packed with lessons for mission and church today. The call to be faithful to the gospel is central to mission. This call rings out through the stories of brothers and sister who have gone before. Reengage the past to understand present pressures, and shape future plans, for mission and evangelism.
- Unit 1. The Early Church
- Unit 2. The Medieval Period
- Unit 3. The Reformation
- Unit 4. The Anabaptists
- Unit 5. The Puritans
- Unit 6. The Evangelical Awakening
- Unit 7. Modern Missionary Movement
- Unit 8. A Brief History Of Church Planting In Britain: Part One
- Unit 9. A Brief History Of Church Planting In Britain: Part Two
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.