At a Glance
This course leads you through the role and functioning of a local church eldership and invited you to explore what this looks like in your context and the priorities for you at this point in time. Set aside 2-3 hours per week to read, reflect and pray your way through this Foundation Course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos and commentaries
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Elders looking to develop firm foundations to lead gospel-centred, missionally-focussed churches
- Trainee or new elders as part of their wider training and preparation for eldership
- Eldership teams wanting to better understand their role and how they might work together more effectively
- Existing church leaders who want to 'top-up' their theology with a course that has a strong missional, evangelical and reformational emphasis
Work through a Biblical overview of the role and functioning of a local church eldership.
Brought to you by Crosslands, the Biblical Eldership course is divided into 9 lessons:
- Unit 1 – Biblical overview of leadership (part 1)
- Unit 2 – Biblical overview of leadership (part 2)
- Unit 3 – Role of elders
- Unit 4 – Character and qualifications of elders
- Unit 5 – Gospel-shaped leadership: service
- Unit 6 – Gospel-shaped leadership: love
- Unit 7 – Leading the church
- Unit 8 – Eldership in practice (part 1)
- Unit 9 – Eldership in practice (part 2)
- For more information about Crosslands and to sign up to run a Study Group or Learning Site, click here.