At a Glance
Dr. John Johnson describes leadership as being both a science and an art. In creating and managing teams, it's important to take into account social and cultural contexts. Your values determine mission and vision so you can identify objectives and create strategies to accomplish them. Since leadership is transformational by nature, it's important to know how to initiate and manage change when it happens.
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course provides video lectures, lesson notes and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1: The Difficulty of Defining Leadership
- Lesson 2: Common Elements of Leadership
- Lesson 3: Cultural Contexts of Leadership
- Lesson 4: Social Contexts of Leadership
- Lesson 5: Creating Great Teams
- Lesson 6: Managing Great Teams
- Lesson 7: The Importance of Values
- Lesson 8: Mission and Vision
- Lesson 9: Moving from Vision to Strategy
- Lesson 10: Objectives
- Lesson 11: Change
- Lesson 12: Change Agents
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those insterested and called to train up future leaders of the church.
Dr. John Johnson
Dr. Johnson is Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology at Western Seminary and lead pastor at Village Baptist Church in Beaverton, Oregon. Dr. Johnson is a M.Div. and Th.M. graduate of Western Seminary and earned his Ph.D. from Dallas Theological Seminary in Dallas, Texas.