At a Glance
What are the aspects of a woman’s life that affect good pastoral care? Gain understanding of seasons and transitions in life cycles against the background of societal role change for women.
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course provides video lectures, lesson notes and quizzing modules.
- Lesson 1 - In the Beginning
- Lesson 2 - The Essential Nature of Women
- Lesson 3 - Compassionate Shepherding
- Lesson 4 - Biblical Basis for Pastoral Care
- Lesson 5 - Male Pastor Shepherding Women
- Lesson 6 - Learning from Mary Magdalene
- Lesson 7 - Differences in Male and Female
- Lesson 8 - Transitions Part 1
- Lesson 9 - Transitions Part 2
- Lesson 10 - Millennial Women Part 1
- Lesson 11 - Millennial Women Part 2
- Lesson 12 - Hannah's Voice and Choice
- Lesson 13 - Your Voice and Choice
- Lesson 14 - Friendship and Mentoring Part 1
- Lesson 15 - Friendship and Mentoring Part 2
- Lesson 16 - Biblical Shepherding Part 1
- Lesson 17 - Biblical Shepherding Part 2
- Lesson 18 - Soul Care Part 1
- Lesson 19 - Soul Care Part 2
- Lesson 20 - Soul Care Part 3
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection and a Bible.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who would like to better understand how to minister to women within and outside the church.
Dr. Bev Hislop
Dr. Hislop is Professor of Pastoral Care and the founder and former director of the Western Seminary Women’s Center for Ministry. She is an M.S.M. graduate of Multnomah Biblical Seminary and earned the Doctor of Ministry at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Dr. Hislop is also the author of “Shepherding Women in Pain” and “Shepherding a Woman’s Heart” from Moody Publishing.