At a Glance
- Access to an online ebook plus version of the course for 12 months
Understanding culture is a complex task. Christians have to find points of connection and difference with their cultural context to present the gospel clearly. This course helps with that task but goes further to show us how to do that creatively. This course will stretch you to think biblically and creatively about popular culture. It provides you with a theological tool kit to engage with film, music and computer games.
- Unit 1. Key terms: culture, worldview, religion
- Unit 2. A biblical understanding of culture
- Unit 3. Engaging with apologetics: A case of myth-taken identity
- Unit 4. False starts: perspectives that hinder cultural engagement
- Unit 5. Engaging popular culture: popologetics
- Unit 6. Popologetics workshop 1: Jonsi's music video, "Go Do"
- Unit 7. Popologetics workshop 2: The indie romantic comedy, Ruby Sparks
- Unit 8. Popologetics workshop 3: The first-person shooter video game Bioshock Infinite
- Unit 9. Summary and conclusion
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.