At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
Cultural artefacts, movies, paintings, songs, and literature shape the way people view the world and imagine new possibilities for behaviour. Taking the example of Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings," among others, this course gives a vision and practical steps for the church to influence and shape cultural imagination through our own artistic output.
- Unit 1. Cultural engagement and the imagination
- Unit 2. Why Christians often mistrust the imagination
- Unit 3. What is the imagination?
- Unit 4. What makes the Christian imagination distinctive?
- Unit 5. Christian art and the pitfalls that derail It
- Unit 6. Mapping the Christian imagination
- Unit 7. Three artists who get it right
- Unit 8. Worship and reforming the imagination
- Unit 9. The artist and the Christian community
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.