At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
This course will help you reconnect the church with mission. The church is God’s mission strategy for reaching people with the gospel. Mission is at the heart of who we are and what we do as church. This course walks you through the doctrine of the church to discover its role in mission. It challenges and equips us to see church planting as a central missions strategy for churches and ordinary Christians.
- Unit 1. Ecclesiology 1
- Unit 2. Ecclesiology 2
- Unit 3. Missional ecclesiology 1
- Unit 4. Missional ecclesiology 2
- Unit 5. Church-planting strategy
- Unit 6. Church-planting model
- Unit 7. Church-planting methods
- Unit 8. Church-planting - two examples
- Unit 9. Church-planting practice
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Hugo is the minister of Christ Church Newcastle, which he and his wife Jenny, with a handful of others, planted in 2006. Previous to this he worked for the Church of England, first as a Curate in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, then as a Vicar on the Wirral, Merseyside.
Jenny Charteris met and married Hugo, in South Africa in 1989, and they now have two children, Nicola (18) and Tim (14). Jenny is a management consultant specialising in leadership and organisational development. She has worked in partnership with Hugo as he has led three church plants in Newcastle, UK.