At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
Depression, anxiety, addiction, low self-esteem, and anger affect us all at some point in our lives. What does the gospel have to say to these issues? How should you understand them and what can you say to help? Find Christ centred answers in these 9 units.
- Unit 1. A Biblical Process Of Change: Part One
- Unit 2. A Biblical Process Of Change: Part Two
- Unit 3. A Biblical Process Of Change: Part Three
- Unit 4. Issues In Pastoral Care: Depression Part One
- Unit 5. Issues In Pastoral Care: Depression Part Two
- Unit 6. Issues In Pastoral Care: Addictive Behaviour
- Unit 7. Issues In Pastoral Care: Self-Esteem and Guilt
- Unit 8. Issues in Pastoral Care: Anxiety
- Unit 9. Issues In Pastoral Care: Anger
Steve Timmis lives in Sheffield, England, where he is a pastor in The Crowded House. He is also the Executive Director of Acts 29. He has co-authored a number of books with Tim Chester, including Total Church, as well as authoring a couple all on his own – Gospel Centred Leadership and I Wish Jesus Hadn’t Said That!