At a Glance
- Access to an overview teaching video anchored by Tim Keller
- Access to all Era 4: Israel articles, quick-take videos, and assessment tools.
- Review study session powered by Cerego.com
- Includes direct access to Bible study tools at Biblearc.com, an online Bible study program from Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- The Era 4: Israel course is one of the seven BibleMesh biblical theology courses that teach the grand narrative of redemptive history – showing how Christ is revealed from Genesis to Revelation
- 24/7 access for 6 months to complete the course at your own pace
The Era of Israel course provides a theological overview of the events from the conquest of Canaan under Joshua, through the fall of the divided monarchy at the hand of the eastern empires. It was in this time period that Israel became a true political force.
The narrative of Era 4 – Israel is taken from the following books of the Bible: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel & 2 Samuel, 1 Kings & 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles & 2 Chronicles, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, and Habakkuk.
- Overview teaching video anchored by Tim Keller
- Quick-take videos by trusted pastors and theologians
- Articles on key events, characters, background, and theology
- Summary points (learning objectives)
- Reflection questions throughout the lessons
- Recommended resources for further study
- Study session powered by Cerego
- Multiple quizzes for assessment
Organized in a multiple lesson format, the course guides the student through video teachings, articles, summary points, recommended resources, study sessions, and quizzing modules.
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an Internet connection.
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who know little or much about the Bible. It is designed for beginners and those who would like a refresher course to better understand the Scriptures.
Dr. Timothy Keller
Tim Keller is senior pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, and author of The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism.
Dr. J. Ligon Duncan
J. Ligon Duncan is the Chancellor/CEO of Reformed Theological Seminary and the John E. Richards Professor of Systematic and Historical Theology. He has authored of several books, including The Genesis Debate and Women’s Ministry in the Local Church.