Course at a Glance
- Access to 6 lessons of guided inductive Bible study, reading comprehension questions, instructional video and audio clips, discussion questions, integrative assignments, and other content
- Now includes direct access to Bible study tools at Biblearc.com, an online Bible study program from Bethlehem College & Seminary.
- Provides a structured and comprehensive introduction to the issues concerning racial harmony through careful biblical study and reflection on John Piper’s sermons
- 24/7 access for 3 months to complete the course at your own pace
About this Course
Racial Harmony and the Glory of God is a six-week course advancing the truth that God has created ethnic diversity for his own glory. The course will assert that racial discrimination and injustice is completely contrary to God’s designs, and will seek to provide a biblical and theological grounding for efforts toward racial harmony from a God-centered perspective. Students will gain a deeper understanding of this issue by closely examining key biblical passages relevant to the issue of racial harmony, answering provocative questions, and considering sermons and writings from the ministry of John Piper.
- Racism and Opportunity in the United States
- The Supremacy of God and the Single, Human Race
- Ethnocentrism, Jesus and the Dividing Wall of Hostility
- The Promise of the Multi-Ethnic Church
- Diversity to the Glory of God
A series of 6 lessons that each include an introduction, lesson objectives, inductive Bible study, critical interaction with secondary sources, comprehension questions, video and audio content, and discussion questions if studying with a group.
What do I need to take this course?
You will need an internet connection that allows you to view videos and an English version of the Bible (preferably the English Standard Version).
Should I take this course if I already believe in racial harmony?
Students who take this course will be confronted in unique ways on understanding racial harmony from a God-centered perspective. While seeking to reframe this moral issue, this course will give students a basic understanding of what the Bible has to say regarding race, ethnic diversity, and the gospel from a Christian Hedonistic perspective. Even if you have heard many of John Piper’s sermons on racial harmony, this course will compel you to dig more deeply into the Biblical text.
For what setting was this course designed?
This course can be taken as an independent study but also provides discussion questions and integrative assignments for an informal or formal group study. The course would work well in a rigorous Sunday school environment, as part of a small group study, within a discipleship or training context, or in an academic program.
Can I take this course as a part of a group?
We encourage anyone taking a course from us to do it within a local church context. Churches may use our courses as the theological content for group studies. Questions are included in each lesson to facilitate discussion.
About the Technology
With Resources From
Dr. John Piper
Chancellor and Professor of Biblical Exegesis
Bethlehem College & Seminary
Founder and Teacher, desiringGod.org