Course at a Glance
This course leads you through the principles and dynamics of word ministry to help you ensure that the Bible shapes the corporate and individual activities of a church. Set aside 10 hours per week to read, reflect and pray your way through this seminary-level course.
Each lesson includes
- Key principles of the dynamics of word ministry
- Helpful set texts to aide and guide your learning
- Interactive reflection and exercises to help you apply what you learn
This course is ideal for
- Aspiring and existing church leaders, church planters and their teams, apprentices and interns
- Pastors with busy schedules who want to grow in ministry skills and gospel direction
- Church planters who want to set a word-centred culture in their congregations
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups who want the Bible to shape their corporate and individual discipleship
- Existing church ministers who want to 'top-up' their theology with a course that has a strong missional, evangelical and reformational emphasis
About this Course
Learn about the theology of Word ministry and how to let the word shape your sermons, small-group Bible studies and Bible storying to help you create a word-centred culture in a congregation.
Brought to you by the Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy, the Dynamics of Word Ministry course is divided into 8 lessons:
- Lesson 1 - Shaped by God's word
- Lesson 2 - The content of sermons
- Lesson 3 - The priorities and process of preaching
- Lesson 4 - Interactive teaching
- Lesson 5 - Shaping a church
- Lesson 6 - Shaping individuals
- Lesson 7-8 - Assignment
Revd. Dr. Tim Ward
Tim Ward teaches at Oak Hill Theological College, having previously taught at the Proclamation Trust Cornhill Training Course. Before that he was the pastor of a church in Leicestershire. He has written a book on the doctrine of Scripture.
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member with The Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change, A Meal with Jesus and co-author of Total Church.
Dr. Jonny Woodrow
Jonny Woodrow is pastor of The Crowded House in Loughborough and a founding faculty member of the Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy. He is married with four children and is co-author of Ascension: Humanity in the Presence of God.