At a Glance
This course leads you through the principles of Church Leadership with reference to a core text and helpful exercises. Set aside 10 hours per week to read, reflect and pray your way through this seminary-level course.
Each lesson includes
- An overview of the principles of Christian leadership
- A focus on practical skills and self-analysis
- A set text to aide and guide your learning
- Interactive reflection and exercises to help you apply
This course is ideal for
- Aspiring and existing church leaders, church planters and their teams, apprentices and interns
- Pastors with busy schedules who want to grow how they develop and support leaders
- Church planters who want to appreciate the value of leadership skills and avoid common pitfalls
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups who want to have an understanding of the validity of various models and approachess
- Existing church ministers who want to 'top-up' their theology with a course that has a strong missional, evangelical and reformational emphasis
Learn about Church Leadership principles and practicalities as you gain an understanding of various models and approaches to shape the life of a Christian community around mission.
Brought to you by Crosslands, the Church Leadership course is divided into 8 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Assumptions and Definitions
- Lesson 2 – The Capitalisation of Leadership
- Lesson 3 – Supporting Leaders
- Lesson 4 – A Culture of Discipleship
- Lesson 5 – Prioritizing Growth
- Lesson 6 – Normalising Healthy Leadership Culture
- Lesson 7-8 – Assignment
Dr. Jonny Woodrow
Jonny Woodrow is pastor of The Crowded House in Loughborough and a Crosslands faculty member. He is married with four children and is co-author of Ascension: Humanity in the Presence of God
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Dr. Dan Strange
Dan Strange is Acting Principal at Oak Hill Theological College, lecturing in Culture, Religion and Public Theology and part of the Crosslands faculty. With a PhD from Bristol University, he leads a North London church and is married to Elly with seven children. His most recent monograph is For Their Rock is Not as Our Rock: An Evangelical Theology of Religions.
Revd. Dr. Tim Ward
Tim Ward teaches at Oak Hill Theological College and is a Crosslands faculty member, having previously taught at the Proclamation Trust Cornhill Training Course. Before that he was the pastor of a church in Leicestershire. He has written a book on the doctrine of Scripture.