Course at a Glance
This course leads you through the principles of Bible Exposition to help you preach the Scriptures more effectively. Set aside 10 hours per week to read, reflect and pray your way through this seminary-level course.
Each lesson includes
- Key principles of bible exposition
- Helpful set texts to aide your learning
- Interactive reflection and exercise boxes to help you apply what you learn
This course is ideal for
- Aspiring and existing church leaders, church planters and their teams, apprentices and interns
- Pastors with busy schedules who want to grow in ministry skills and gospel direction
- Church planters who want to preach more effectively
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups who want preaching the Bible to set the direction of their churches
- Existing church ministers who want to 'top-up' their theology with a missional, evangelical and reformational emphasis
About this Course
Learn about the theology of Scripture and the history of biblical interpretation to help you exposit and exegete the Bible more effectively within the context of a robust biblical theology.
Brought to you by the Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy, the Bible Exposition course is divided into 12 lessons:
- Lesson 1 - Approaching God's word
- Lesson 2 - A history of hermeneutics
- Lesson 3 - Reading
- Lesson 4 - Context
- Lesson 5 - Meaning
- Lesson 6 - Practical exercise
- Lesson 7 - Introducing Biblical Theology
- Lesson 8 - From Adam to David
- Lesson 9 - From David to Jesus
- Lesson 10 - Imagination and character
- Lesson 11-12 - Assignment
Dr. Jonny Woodrow
Jonny Woodrow is pastor of The Crowded House in Loughborough and a founding faculty member of the Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy. He is married with four children and is co-author of Ascension: Humanity in the Presence of God.
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member with The Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change, A Meal with Jesus and co-author of Total Church.
Steve Timmis lives in Sheffield, England, where he is a pastor in The Crowded House. He is also the Executive Director of Acts 29. He has co-authored a number of books with Tim Chester, including Total Church, as well as authoring a couple all on his own – Gospel Centred Leadership and I Wish Jesus Hadn’t Said That!
Dr. Dan Strange
Dan Strange is Academic Vice Principal at Oak Hill, lecturing in Culture, Religion and Public Theology. With a PhD from Bristol University, he leads a North London church and is married to Elly with seven children. His most recent monograph is For Their Rock is Not as Our Rock: An Evangelical Theology of Religions.
Revd. Dr. Tim Ward
Tim Ward teaches at Oak Hill Theological College, having previously taught at the Proclamation Trust Cornhill Training Course. Before that he was the pastor of a church in Leicestershire. He has written a book on the doctrine of Scripture.