Course at a Glance
- Stand Alone Course Bundle Introductory price: $150 (regular price $198)
- Latin 1 + 2 Academic Support Bundle Introductory price: $350 (regular price $398)
- Two self-paced online courses
- Vocabulary and grammar are introduced through period-appropriate illustrations
- Biblical passages are lightly adapted so as to correspond to the student’s current knowledge of grammar
- Note: If you have already purchased Latin 1 separately, please enroll in the Latin 2 standalone course
- Take the course either as a Stand-Alone Course or with the Transcript Service Package. Which one is right for me?
- To earn credit for this course via New Saint Andrews College, go here.
About this Course
NSA Latin 1 + 2 are self-paced online courses designed to bring new students to a reading knowledge of Classical, Medieval, and Reformation-era Latin. It is centered on readings from the Latin Bible and exercises in Latin composition; it makes equal use of both grammatical explanation and examples, so as to be effective for a wide range of students (from those who are highly mathematical to those who prefer to learn by imitation). New vocabulary and grammar are introduced through period-appropriate illustrations; Biblical passages are lightly adapted so as to correspond to the student’s current knowledge of grammar.
Which option is right for me?
Transcript Service Package
|12-month access to Latin 1 + 2 course content|
|Vocabulary learning system|
|Online technical support|
|Permanent record of course grades & account info||—|
|Grades transferable to academic institutions||—|
|Eligible for cross-enrollment in partner institutions||—|
|Eligible for BibleMesh Completion Certificate|
In Level 1 of NSA Latin, students learn:
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd noun declensions
- Nominative, accusative, genitive, dative, ablative, and vocative cases
- 3rd person present active indicative verb forms
- 3rd person present passive indicative verb forms
- All forms of all types of adjectives in the positive degree
- Over 200 Latin words
In Level 2 of NSA Latin, students learn:
- demonstratives and relative pronouns
- 4th and 5th noun declensions
- infinitives and participles
- over 200 Latin words
- to progress from reading simplified passages from the Vulgate to lightly edited passages
- All NSA Latin courses are available for Credit through NSA - please see here.
- NSA has partnered with Davenant Latin Institute who use our Latin curriculum and provide tutors and group classes to take you through the course. Click here for details.
- For High School Juniors and Seniors interested in dual enrolment please go here for details.
Timothy L. Griffith
Tim Griffith is the Fellow of Classical Languages at New Saint Andrews College. He oversees the College’s Latin program, directs the national Phaedrus Latin Composition Contest, and translates 16th-century Latin theological texts for Wenden House. He has dedicated the last 15 years to learning how to teach Latin better, drawing heavily on the work of the great Latin educators of history such as Erasmus, Commenius, and W.H.D. Rouse.